Boston Bed Bug Exterminators
Boston Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs have a nasty habit of hiding near beds and feeding on sleeping humans. For many years, the pests were mostly eradicated. However, increased international travel and lack of knowledge about prevention led to a resurgence of the problem starting in the 1990s. Did you know that if not properly handled, a bed bug infestation may pose health concerns to you and your family?
Some of these health concerns include the following:
- Allergic reactions that in severe cases may potentially lead to severe whole-body reactions (anaphylaxis).
- Secondary infections of the skin (including impetigo, ecthyma, and lymphangitis).
At Pestex, we have more than 30 years of experience with bed bug control in Boston, Framingham, and surrounding areas. No pest control problem is either too big or too small for our team of exterminators to handle. Whether you need a bed bug inspection or need immediate bed bug exterminating services, our pest control team is here to help! Let us eliminate bed bugs from your home for good. Take a look at our client reviews and see why we are Boston's most trusted bed bug control company!
If you suspect a bed bug problem, don’t hesitate to call (617) 544-2566 for an inspection.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
Because bed bugs are so small in size, it may be tricky to spot them. There are some things to consider when you're trying to figure out whether you have bed bugs in your home. Maybe you spot the bed bugs, but if they've been hard to identify, here are some signs to look out for.
Here are a couple of signs to look for that indicate you have a bed bug problem:
- You have itchy red spots on your skin and you don't know how you got them
- There is a musty odor in your home
- There are bloodstains in your bed sheets or pillowcases
- There are dark rusty looking spots on your mattress
- There are dark spots along your walls near your bed
- You notice bed bug shells (these are white)
- You notice white spots along the joints of your couch or other furniture
- You recently bought a second-hand mattress
- Fecal marks
If you notice any of these signs, it is important to contact a beg bug control team as soon as possible, to get the situation inspected and properly handled. Leaving a bed bug infestation unnoticed will only lead to the multiplication of bed bugs in your home. Contact our team of beg bug exterminators in Boston today, and let us take care of your bed bug problem for you!
Bed Bug Prevention
When bed bugs infest your home, they quickly multiply and can be challenging to eradicate. Whenever possible, it is best to avoid an infestation in the first place. There are a few important steps you can take to prevent a bed bug infestation and identify the pests early to prevent further spread.
To prevent bed bugs, you should:
- Carefully inspect bedding for blood spots or skins that are shed by the bugs
- Change your bed linens frequently
- Inspect hotel rooms upon arrival
- Keep luggage away from walls and furniture, especially the bed
- Inspect your suitcase when you arrive home
- Don’t buy secondhand furniture without a careful inspection
When you notice signs of bed bugs in the bedroom, many people go sleep in another area of the house, such as a guest room or the couch. This can be a big mistake, as it can spread the infestation throughout the house. The best thing to do is to call for bed bug control in Boston and eastern Massachusetts at the first sign of a problem. We offer an inspection and quote for our services.
About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs spread easily in luggage, purses, and other bags. They are often brought home from hotels, college dorms, or even public transportation. In the house, bed bugs can be elusive to identify. They are often found hiding in mattresses, electrical switches, picture frames, behind baseboards, and under wallpaper in the bedroom.
Although bed bugs don’t spread disease, they are unsettling to find and cause red, itchy welts when they bite people in their sleep. When the house is infested with bed bugs, people often complain of anxiety or an inability to sleep. You can recognize them by their flat, oval shape and mahogany to reddish-brown color. The bugs are flat when not fed, but they become engorged after they feed on humans.
Effective Bed Bug Control in Boston, MA
Pestex is a locally owned and operated company with more than three decades of pest control experience. Our technicians have extensive training and experience to provide reliable inspection and effective pest control services for bed bugs and any other pests that may have invaded your home. There is no problem we haven’t been able to solve and your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
We utilize proven methods for identifying and eliminating bed bugs from your home. After we have completed our inspection, we will recommend the best course of action and provide a free estimate for our bed bug control services.
When you work with us, you can expect the following:
- A QualityPro-Certified company
- Guaranteed customer satisfaction
- A complimentary pest inspection and quote
- A group of pest control experts who have been thoroughly backgrounded checked
- Highly-trained, qualified, and experienced pest control professionals
- A team that cares about your home
- Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs
- Five Steps to Winter Pest Prevention
- Can Household Pests Trigger Allergies?
- 6 Destructive Pests That Are Most Likely to Damage Your Massachusetts Home
If you have noticed signs of bed bugs, call (617) 544-2566 for a free estimate.