Pest Control in Dover, MA
Providing Dover with High Quality Pest Exterminator Services Since 1991
We all deserve a home that is comfortable and inviting. Unfortunately, many people’s homes are far from that, because of pest infestations. Since 1991, Pestex has been helping people in Dover, MA solve their pest problems. Pestex is a family-owned business. For four generations, our family has been helping members of our community rid their homes of pest infestations and keep their homes pest-free moving forward. We take great pride in our work, and making sure our customers’ homes are comfortable, healthy, and safe is always our top priority.
Our pest control professionals use eco-friendly methods and the latest pest-fighting technology. No matter how extensive or complex a pest problem is, we can handle it. Our pest control technicians are experienced, skilled, and dependable, and we have the tools and knowledge to get the job done, including ensuring your home or business is pest-free.
Pestex provides the following pest control services:
- Bed bugs
In addition to providing residential customers with pest control services, our commercial pest control experts assist businesses in Dover with their pest problems.
For more information about how Pestex can help you with your pest problems, call us at (617) 544-2566 or reach out to us online.
How Do You Know If You Have a Pest Problem?
In many cases, pests are good at hiding their presence at first. The sooner that pests are discovered, the better, because if pests are allowed to go unnoticed for too long, it can turn from a pest problem to a pest infestation. Fortunately, there are signs that you can look for that can help you determine if you have a pest problem sooner rather than later:
- Odors – Certain pests can cause your home or business to smell strange or musty. In many cases, these smells are difficult to get rid of no matter how much you clean.
- Damage – Pests, like termites and rodents, can cause a lot of damage to your home or business. If you notice holes in your walls, chew marks on furniture and wires, or wood damage, pests may be the cause.
- Droppings – Many pests leave distinctive droppings, which can be a sign of their presence in your home or business. If you find droppings in your kitchen or bathroom cabinets, garage, or crawlspaces, you may have a pest infestation.
- Noises – Those strange noises may not be in your head. If you hear clicking, buzzing, scampering, or tapping, especially if it’s coming from behind your walls or your attic, you’re probably hearing pests in your home or business.
- Pets – Your pets can often notice a pest infestation before you do. Pay attention to their behavior. If they are focused on areas of your home for no apparent reason, such as a section of wall or a crawlspace, it could be because they sense the presence of pests.
Bed Bug Exterminator in Dover, MA
Bed bugs are much more dangerous than many people realize. They can cause people serious health problems and are extremely difficult to get rid of on your own. Bed bugs can cause a wide range of health issues, such as severe skin infections like lymphangitis, ecthyma, and impetigo. Bed bugs can also cause severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. The following are signs that can help you recognize if your home has a bed bug problem:
- You find bed bug feces
- You discover bed bug casings
- You notice dark rust-colored spots on your walls and mattresses
- You find white spots on the joints of your furniture
- Your neighbors have a bed bug infestation in their home
- You notice a musty odor in your house
- You have red spots that are in a vertical line on your skin when you wake up
- Your skin is itchy when you wake up
- You find small blood stains on your mattress and sheets
At the first sign of bed bugs, you need to contact a professional exterminator before things get much worse.
Termite Control in Dover, MA
Termites can literally destroy your home or business. If you even suspect that termites are on your property, you must act quickly.
Here are a few signs that your home or business has termites:
- Termite droppings (also known as frass)
- Blistering pieces of wood
- Paint on your walls is bubbling or peeling
- Find old termite wings
- You spot a swarm of termites
- Fallen trees on or near your property
- Tree damage (can include small holes in the tree and wood shavings)
- You find termite wood tunnels
- Doors and windows around your property become tight and hard to open and close
- Mud tubes on the foundation of your home or business
- Clicking sounds behind your walls (referred to as termite head-banging)
- You spot termites (can appear to be white-looking ants with wings)
Pestex employs a non-toxic method for treating termite infestations that is very effective at eliminating termites from a home or business. It is called the Sentricon® system for termite control and it’s designed to destroy subterranean termite colonies and ensure that they never return.
Dover Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes are very dangerous. There are more than 35 diseases that mosquitoes carry that can pose a health risk to humans. A few of the most common diseases that mosquitoes can transmit to human include:
- Chikungunya Virus
- Yellow Fever
- Zika Virus
- La Crosse Encephalitis
- Rift Valley Fever
- Jamestown Canyon Virus
- West Nile Virus
In spring and summer, mosquitoes don’t go away on their own. If you’re dealing with a mosquito infestation at your home or business, you should enlist the help of a pest control service with a track record of success, like Pestex. We can rid your residential or commercial property of mosquitoes before they endanger the health of you, your loved ones, your workers, or your customers.
Ant Control in Dover
At Pestex, we are ready to help you eliminate an ant infestation from your residential or commercial property fast and for good. We have experience dealing with a wide variety of ants, including:
- Pavement Ants
- Crazy Ants
- Odorous Ants
- Carpenter Ants
If your ant problem is extensive, you may need to take advantage of our Perimeter Defense Program, which involves treating your home’s entire foundation. Our Perimeter Defense Program includes a six-month guarantee.
Can I Do Pest Control Myself?
There are certain things that if you choose to do it yourself, you need to be sure that you can get the job done, because if not, it could cost you down the road. Pest control is one of those things. Unfortunately, many customers have come to us after trying to handle a pest problem on their own. In many cases, they wasted tons of money on pest control products that failed to solve the problem. They often regret trying to get rid of pests themselves and wish they had hired experienced pest control experts to handle the problem from the start.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing Pestex?
For almost 30 years, our Dover pest control experts have been successfully helping homeowners and businesses throughout the community solve their pest problems. We have seen and handled almost every pest problem that you can think of throughout the years. Our experienced pest control technicians have the knowledge, skills, expertise, and tools to almost any type of pest from your property quickly and permanently.
Plus, at Pestex, we don’t charge you per visit and we customize a pest control plan just for your home or business. In addition, we’re always available to help our customers with pest problems, even if it’s in between your regular service appointments.
To get started, give us a call at (617) 544-2566 or contact us online today to speak with our pest control experts about your situation.