Stow, MA Pest Control Services
Helping Residential and Commercial Customers in Stow with Pest Problems for Over 30 Years
For more than three decades, Pestex has been the go-to pest control service for residential and commercial customers in Stow, MA. Pestex has been family-run for four generations, and our family takes great pride in helping the people of our community solve their pest problems and keep their homes and businesses pest-free.
Pestex uses the most current pest control technology, including environmentally-friendly options. We have taken care of pest infestations of all types and sizes. Our experienced pest control professionals are provided with all the tools necessary to get the job done, and they know how to successfully handle a wide range of problem pests, including:
- Bed bugs
To learn more about Pestex, and how we can help you solve your pest problems, give us a call at (617) 544-2566 or contact us online.
What Are Signs of a Pest Infestation?
Pests are often lurking in our homes and businesses long before we discover their presence. However, there are usually signs that pests are around, and if people know what to look for, they can unearth a pest infestation sooner rather than later. The following are a few signs that can help you figure out if your home or business has a pest problem:
- Pet Behavior – Pets can discover pest infestations before people. They often display odd behavior if they find a pest infestation. If you notice your pets acting strange in certain areas of your home, they may have found pests there.
- Damage – Certain pests cause noticeable damage, including chewed furniture and wires, wood damage, and small holes in walls. If you notice unexplained damage around your property, pests could be the cause.
- Strange Sounds – Many pests aren’t silent. If you hear odd noises, such as buzzing, tapping, and clicking, it could be more than just your house settling, it could be pests. This is especially true if the sounds are coming from behind your walls or a crawlspace.
- Droppings – Small dark droppings in your garage, attic, cabinets, and crawlspaces are often a sign that you have pest infestation.
- Odor – Pests can leave your home or business smelling strange. The smells are generally unpleasant and musty. If you notice a strange stench in your home that no amount of cleaning can eliminate, you may have a pest problem.
Stow, MA Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs can cause people several serious health issues. A few of the health problems that bed bugs can cause are allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, and skin infections, such as impetigo, ecthyma, and lymphangitis. In addition to the danger that bed bugs pose to people’s health, they are very hard to remove from your home without professional help. In fact, even discovering that your home is infested with bed bugs in the first place is extremely difficult. Fortunately, there are signs that can help you determine if your home has bed bugs:
- Small blood stains on your sheets and mattress
- Itchy skin when you awake
- Neighbors mention they are dealing with bed bugs
- Bed bug feces
- Musty odor throughout your home
- Bed bug casings
- Red spots in vertical lines on your skin when you awake
- Rusty looking spots on your mattress and walls
- White spots in the joints of your furniture
Stow, MA Termite Exterminator
Termites are a menace that can ruin your home or business in a heartbeat. You should always keep your eye out for termites and act quickly if you find them on your property. If you don’t, they could destroy your home or business before you know it.
The following signs can help you recognize if your home has a termite infestation:
- Discover termite droppings (known as frass) and wings around your property
- Notice blistering wood in your home or business
- See termites (often look like white ants with wings) or a swarm of termites on your property
- Notice the doors and windows on your property are tight and difficult to open and close
- Find mud tubes on the foundation of your home or business
- Notice paint on your walls peeling and bubbling
- Hear clicking sounds behind your walls (called termite head-banging)
- Discover fallen trees and tree damage (wood shavings, holes in trees) on or near your property
- Notice termite wood tunnels
Pestex uses the Sentricon® system for termite control. It is a non-toxic way to treat a termite infestation. Sentricon is very effective when it comes to eliminating subterranean termites and ensuring they don’t come back.
Mosquito Control in Stow, MA
Mosquitoes are known to carry over 30 dangerous diseases that they can transmit to humans. The most common of these diseases include the following:
- Zika Virus
- West Nile Virus
- Chikungunya Virus
- Yellow Fever
- Rift Valley Fever
- Jamestown Canyon Virus
Because of the health risks that mosquitoes pose to humans, it is very important to keep your property mosquito-free. You can’t count on mosquitoes just going away on their own, especially in the spring and summer. In many instances, bringing in an experienced pest control service is the best way to rid your property of a mosquito infestation.
Stow Ant Control
Ants come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and each one presents its own dangers. Here are a few types of ants that you might encounter:
- Carpenter Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Odorous Ants
- Crazy Ants
At Pestex, we offer a Perimeter Defense Program that can help eliminate and prevent extensive ant infestations. It involves treating your home or business’s foundation and includes a six-month guarantee.
What’s the Downside of Doing My Own Pest Control?
Trying to solve pest problems on your own can be more trouble than it’s worth. You could end up wasting tons of money on over-the-counter pest control products that fail to solve your pest problem. Many of our customers have come to us after trying to take care of pest problems themselves. Most wish they hadn’t wasted time and money attempting to handle their own pest control and instead had hired a pest control professional from the start.
Our Pest Control Experts Are Ready to Help
Pestex has been serving homeowners and businesses in Stow and its surrounding communities for more than 30 years. Our family-owned pest control service is proud to help people in our community with their pest problems. Residential and commercial customers in Stow can count on us to always prioritize their health, safety, and satisfaction above all else. Our pest control technicians are experienced, knowledgeable, skilled, and dependable. They won’t rest until they’ve solved your pest problem permanently.
Call us at (617) 544-2566 or get in touch with us online today to talk to our pest control experts about your pest problems.