Boston Moth Exterminator
Exceptional Moth Control Service, Guaranteed!
Got moths? Pestex is here to help. Our team of pest control experts is backed by 30+ years of service experience. Whether your home is prone to moth infestations and you want to begin a routine treatment process or you need help eliminating an infestation right away, we’ve got you covered. We offer year-round pest control services guaranteed to keep your home pest-free and healthy as can be. Our company has adopted eco-friendly solutions to eliminate your moth problems and prevent them from recurring in the future. See why our clients love us!
Our Boston moth control pros can handle all types of moths, including:
- Indian meal moths
- Mediterranean flour moths
- Webbing clothes moths
- Pantry moths
Call (617) 544-2566 to schedule an inspection today.
What Attracts Moths?
As many people are aware, moths are attracted to light. It is incredibly common for moths to gather around light fixtures outside, but once they are inside, they are attracted to many other household items that make for the perfect food source.
Depending on the type of moth (pantry moths, clothes moths, etc.), popular food sources include:
- Pet food
- Dry pasta
- Clothing (made of fur, silk, fur, wool, cashmere, etc.)
- Carpeting (made of fur, silk, fur, wool, cashmere, etc.)
- Drapes (made of fur, silk, fur, wool, cashmere, etc.)
- Upholstery (made of fur, silk, fur, wool, cashmere, etc.)
Note: Clothes moths do not eat cotton.
In addition to searching for food, moths will enter a home in search of a dark, secluded area to lay their eggs. They will often lay their eggs in areas such as under appliances, in closets, in cracks, near plumbing fixtures, on clothing, and more.
Signs of a Moth Problem
Because moths hide away in secluded areas, signs of an infestation aren’t typically apparent until damage has already been done.
Some of the signs of a moth infestation include:
- Holes in your clothing, blankets, and rugs
- Damaged wool rugs
- Crusty accumulations on fabric items such as clothing, rugs, and upholstery
- Silken tubes, cases, or cocoons (containing moth larvae)
- Small insects that look like white worms or maggots
- Moth eggs in the cupboard or pantry
- Moths flying around in the kitchen
Whether you’ve spotted eggs, cocoons, adult moths, or moth damage in your home, you’ve got an infestation. In order to stop any further damage from taking place, it is important to bring in a team of experts who can take care of the problem. At Pestex, our Boston moth control specialists are skilled in locating all moth hiding spots and thoroughly treating your home to eliminate the existing infestation and prevent a future infestation from taking place.
How to Prevent Moths
The very last thing you want is for moths to damage some of your most treasured items of clothing, rugs, or other fabrics. Luckily, there are a few things to prevent moths from taking over your home.
To prevent moths, you should:
- Brush any clothing items made of fur or wool after wearing them outside to get rid of any moth eggs
- Wash your clothing and other fabricated items before storing them away
- Vacuum your home frequently to remove eggs before they have a chance to hatch
- Store your clothing and other wool items in airtight containers or vacuum bags to keep moths out
- Avoid storing your fabricated items in moist areas such as basements, sheds, or garages
- Place pouches of lavender in your closet or drawers to ward off moths
- Clean your closet every few months
- Vacuum your carpeted closet at least once a week
- Schedule routine pest control
One of the best ways to protect your home against moth infestations is to schedule regular pest control. At Pestex, we know exactly where moths like to hide and have the high-quality products necessary to keep your home protected.
Note: We recommend NEVER using mothballs as they are very toxic and can negatively impact the health of you and your home.
Call Pestex Today!
If you are looking for a pest control solution that actually works, you’ve come to the right place. Our Boston moth exterminators offer high-quality services using the most advanced technologies and professional-grade products. We can efficiently and effectively handle any infestation no matter how severe.
Customers choose the pest control experts at Pestex time and time again because we:
- Guarantee your satisfaction
- Are a fourth-generation, family-owned business
- Offer the most comprehensive pest control services
- Always get the job done right the first time
When you’ve got a moth problem, turn to Pestex. Our Boston moth control pros are skilled in quickly locating, identifying, and treating moth infestations of all sizes.