Perimeter Defense Program
Keeping Your Boston Home & Family Safe
Ants are one of the most common pests, constantly searching for an adequate source of food and water for their colonies. These nuisance pests often make their way inside of homes finding everything they need inside. Here at Pestex, we understand how frustrating it is to walk into your kitchen and find a swarm of ants taking over, which is why we developed our Perimeter Defense Program. This exterior treatment is a great way to protect your home from ants and other occasional invaders.
Sign up for our Perimeter Defense Program by calling (617) 544-2566 today!
What You Can Expect
When you sign up for the Perimeter Defense Program, our technicians carefully apply a barrier around the foundation of your home. As ants forage around your home, they will likely walk through this barrier. When exposed to the treated area, the product will attach to their bodies and is dispersed to the rest of the colony through social grooming habits.
The Perimeter Defense Program is included in a Pestex Annual Home System or available a la carte as a one-time service with a 6-month guarantee. Always allow 2 weeks for treatments to take effect.
Though the treatment is primarily used to treat carpenter ants and pavement ants, our experience shows the barrier can also help with:
*The best treatment for these pests is prevention by keeping humidity levels low in basements, bathrooms, and other high moisture areas.
Steps to Ant Elimination
Our technicians are highly trained and skilled in pest prevention and treatment. Using high-quality products, we ensure your home is protected against ants.
Below are the steps of our Perimeter Defense Program:
- Inspection: During our comprehensive inspection, we search for foraging trails, ant colonies, and conditions conducive to ant infestations.
- Identification: After a careful inspection, we identify any ant species found on your property (it is possible to find more than one ant species on a property). Then, we will use each species’ particular habits and biology to locate any colonies present. Finding the colony helps us to determine the best treatment.
- Recommendation: We will present you with our professional recommendation in the form of an integrated pest management program. This recommendation will address the current problem and identify conditions conducive to ant infestations. Correcting these conditions will help to prevent future invasions.
- Treatment: To ensure your home is protected, we provide a perimeter pesticide application in combination with non-chemical procedures—such as exclusion, trimming vegetation away from the structure, eliminating moisture problems, removing dead wood, etc.—to eliminate conditions conducive to ant infestations.
Flying Ants vs. Swarming Termites
Swarming termites and flying ants are often mistaken for one another due to their very similar appearance. Whether your home is being invaded by termites or ants, proper identification is the key to effective treatment.
Below are several key differences between flying ants and swarming termites:
- Antennae: Flying ants have elbowed antennae while termites have straight antennae.
- Wings: Flying ants have two pairs of wings, front and rear, with the rear wings being smaller than the front wings. Their wings also have well-defined veins. Termites have two pairs of wings, front and rear, that are the same size and shape. Their wings have finer veins that create a lace-like appearance.
- Waist: Flying ants have pinched waists while swarming termites have broad waists.
- Legs: Flying ants have long legs while swarming termites have short legs.
Call Pestex Today!
Say goodbye to pesky ants and hello to a healthier, happier home when you sign up for our Perimeter Defense Program Today! Turn to the pros at Pestex and rest easy knowing that your comfort and well-being are our top priorities.
Learn more about how we can protect your home by calling (617) 544-2566 or contacting us online.